Saturday, July 16, 2005

You might be thinking, "Serving Him blind, what on earth does that mean? And why the heck would you name your blog that?" Well, I'll tell you.
I'm a first born with four younger siblings, which means that taking charge, directing, and knowing what is going on (or at least acting like I know exactly what is going on so that my siblings believe I know everything and do what I say so that mom doesn't come home to a burned-down house and no dinner) all the time come pretty naturally. And what doesn't come naturally, I learn very quickly out of self-defense. So God has been teaching me lately, "Great. You've got the leadership thing down. Now we need to work on the ministry part." Yippee! Ministry=adventure, right? I'm all about adventure, lets get this show on the road!
Uh, no. Ministry=servanthood=slavery=denying yourself and doing what you don't want to do.
In a large family, denying yourself just kinda comes with the package. You learn it or you die. However, you have the benefit of knowing what is going on. In ministry, you often don't know what is going on, what on earth God is doing, how He's gonna do it and if you're gonna live through it. You just do it. Not comfortable but it beats living without peace or joy to my way of thinking.
I have the "do what God says" part down. But the, 'Do what God says even when it makes no sense and you have no idea what He's doing" isn't so high on my 'favorite things to do' list. However, that's what He's been asking me to do lately. Serving Him blind. There's a verse in Isaiah that kinda describes how I've felt like the last couple months:

"Who is blind but My servant, or deaf as My messenger whom I send? Who is blind as he who is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant?" Isaiah 42:19

Right now, He's telling me to get up and go to Romania for at least 3 months. I have no clue what I'll be doing there except staying with some friends there. The two that speak English will be leaving for college a few weeks after I get there, so I'll not only be staying in a foreign country but with people who don't speak my language. There are other people in that villiage and the surrounding villiages who speak English though. Still, this is NOT in my comfort zone! But I know God will show me what He has for me once I get there, and I know that it will be awesome. And I know that at the very least I'll come home knowing a lot more Hungarian than I did when I left, which will definately be helpful since I'm going to college in Hungary.
SO! There's my lenghtly explanation.
Oh yes. In my first entry you'll notice a paragraph in red that doesn't exactly go with the rest of what I was writing about? That would be my sister Kendra, who grabbed the keyboard and started typing while I was getting my prayer journal with the verse in it. I wrote that explanation underneath it but it didn't get posted for some reason. Sorry!

Blessings,
~Me~

3 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Uh dude,
Is this rachel Neihring?
Nathan

11:53 AM  
Blogger quest2bepureatheart said...

Hey this Joe.
It's great to hear that God is working in your life and is guiding you in his will. You have a great desire to serve him and I'm blessed by it. Keep following Him and there is no limit to what He can do.
Catch ya later

12:28 PM  
Blogger PrincessOuch said...

Uh, dude, Nathan, ya, it's me. Sorry it took so long to reply to yer post. Say hi to your sister for me. BTW tell her to e-mail me your e-address so that I can bug you via e-mail.
Hey Jo.
Wow you sound almost... like, NICE on that post!
*ducks and starts laughing hysterically*
Just kidding. Thanx for being a gentleman to me even tho I SOO do nothing to deserve it! (intentionally I might add) *laughes*

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home